X JAPAN’s Yoshiki Performs Saint Seiya CG Film’s Theme
Yoshiki, the 48-year-old leader of the rock band X Japan, is contributing the theme song for this June’s CG film Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary. The song will be heard in every country that is releasing this first Saint Seiya film in a decade. Yoshiki wrote this new song “Hero (Yoshiki Classical Version)” specifically for this film. Katie Fitzgerald, the female vocalist of the Violet UK unit that Yoshiki leads, is singing the ballad while Yoshiki himself performs the piano work. A self-professed anime fan, Yoshiki watched the film before producing the song and remarked on its sense of amazing, grand scale. He wondered what kind of song would match the film before deciding to write this ballad. He added that the song carries the hero’s motif with a very beauitful melody that strikes the heart with much impact.
Yoshiki will unveil this song during “#Yoshiki Classical World Tour part 1,” his 10-country, 13-city tour which will begin on April 25 at Costa Mesa, California. [ x ]
I enjoyed my concert with my fans very much.
Thank you for the participation!
See you on July 7 in Tokyo!
I will go to San Francisco to participate
the concert Yoshiki Classical soon.
I’m looking forward to seeing you in San Francisco!!
—ToshI @ FB
To celebrate the opening day of the #YoshikiClassical Tour, we’d like to invite you to an exclusive opportunity to meet with other Official Fan Club Members (“East Meets West”) at the GRAMMY Museum in Los Angeles, CA on April 25th, 2014.
Fans from America and Japan can join together to view the Yoshiki Exhibit at the GRAMMY Museum including rare artifacts and images from X Japan and Yoshiki’s solo career. Plus — for one day only — fans will have access to view Yoshiki’s famed glass piano in person!
Place: The GRAMMY Museum at L.A. Live
Address: 800 W Olympic Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90015
Date: April 25, 2014
The first 30 fans who arrive between 2pm-3pm will receive free entry passes. A limited amount of tickets will be available for purchase after the free passes have been claimed.
Don’t miss this once-in-a-lifetime chance!
Haven’t joined yet? You’re still on time! Join HERE
Interview mit Yoshiki [ Interview with Yoshiki from JaME Deutschland ]
Brief & translation thanks to X Japan Indonesia:
- The upcoming tour will be a piano and strings concert, with intimate feelings, not full orchestra [ x ]
- Besides from X JAPAN Album, Yoshiki is also working on Yoshiki Classical II [ x ]
- Yoshiki shot two music videos, both for the classical version of “ROSA” and “Forever Love” [ x ]
- Seems “ROSA” Classical version (or maybe, Strings Quartet version) will be on Yoshiki Classical II [ x ]
- Yoshiki is working on a theme-song for an animated film [ x ]
- There’s really something that will going on with X JAPAN in October [ x ]
- Blood Red Dragon will seems get a TV-Series [ x ]